Monday, June 11, 2012

Strawberry-Watermelon Cooler
Been a while since I posted any new posts. Been busy with kids and the tons of "End of the Year" activities.I am going to make up for it all with several new posts. It has been unbelievably hot here so I thought I would start off with a cool drink recipe.
Watermelon is a summer staple. And for every BBQ party in the US, watermelon is a must have and you always end up with leftovers and lots of it too. Had some leftover from the weekend BBQ and wasn't sure what to do with it all. So I decided to make some watermelon juice. So I go to the fridge to get the watermelon and find a handful of strawberries. Ah why not let's add that too! So I come up with this easy to make and very satisfying Strawberry-Watermelon Cooler.
Ingredients
Watermelon chunks-4 cups
Strawberries-1 cup
Honey-4 tbsp
Lemon juice-2 tbsp


Directions
1. Add the watermelon chunks in a blender and puree it. Remember you don't need to add any water. Pour into a pitcher.


2.Next add the strawberries and make a puree. You might need to add a couple teaspoons of water to get everything properly blended and mixed.


3.Once you add the puree to the watermelon mixture, add the honey and lemon juice and stir with a wooden spoon.


4. Taste before serving. You can add more or less honey depending on your sweet tooth.




Always serve chilled! Happy Cooking!!!
*I have a Strawberry Lemonade recipe that I'll post soon too!!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment