Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Strawberry Lemonade

Its been a while since I added any posts. My mom is in town for the summer to spend time with the grand kids. Which means I'm busy! And now with school out and my kids running around driving me crazy giving them something to cool to drink always seems to calm them down at least for a little bit. :) I tried this Strawberry Lemonade on a whim-I told my family that this would either be a hit or a miss before serving it to them. And it was a Hit! Served at our BBQ party this past weekend and everyone seemed to love it too!
Ingredients
Minute Maid Lemonade Concentrate-1 can
Strawberries-1 cup
Sugar-3/4 tbsp
Water-1/4 cup
Ice


Method
1.In a blender add about 3/4 cup of the strawberries(along with a splash of water) to make a puree.


2.In a large pitcher add the frozen lemonade concentrate and prepare as instructed. It's usually about 4 1/3 cans of cold water. Mix well.


3.Heat the sugar and water to make a syrup and let cook before adding this to the lemonade. Add the strawberry puree and mix everything well.


4.Next slice the remainder of the strawberries and add them to mixture along with ice.


5.Taste before serving chilled. You can add less or more of the syrup according to your taste

Tonight's Dinner
Pallappam,Egg Roast and Strawberry Lemonade for the Hubby


2 comments:

  1. i was gonna ask for ur Egg roast recipe... saw tht its already posted... thanks... and i loved the drink..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks NM...Glad you enjoyed it...

    ReplyDelete