Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Mango Pie

I first had Mango Pie when I was working in a Mental Health facility in Detroit. We would have regular potlucks and the Indian psychiatrist Dr. L brought in these yummy mouth watering pies. When I heard "pie" I thought of maybe sliced mangoes in between light flaky pastry, but I was mistaken, this was more similar to a cheesecake. When I asked Dr. L for it's recipe she was more than happy to give it to me and hinted to me that was the easiest to make and was a no bake recipe too. It's been a while since I made this, have a Fourth of July BBQ to go to today and I thought why not make some! This time round I added some crushed cardamon for extra flavor. You don't need to if you don't like the taste!


Ingredients
Mango puree-30 oz(Deep Alphonsa Mango Puree)
Cream Cheese(Philadelphia-make sure it's at room temp)-8 oz
Cool Whip-8 oz tub
Unflavored Gelatin(Knox)-2 packets
Condensed Milk-1 can
Cardamon-2
Graham cracker pie crust(Keebler)-3


Directions
1.No need to preheat the oven. :) Take the cream cheese and using a hand mixer blend till smooth.


2.Add the mango puree and condensed milk and blend for a few minutes till you have a smooth mixture. Also powder 2 cardamons without the skins and add. Mix well.


3.Next take the two packets of gelatin and add 1/4 cup cold water and mix well. Then add a little less than 1/4 boiling hot water and mix till there are no lumps. Add this gelatin mixture to the mango mixture and blend again for a couple of minutes.


4.Next take the Cool Whip and fold the entire contents slowly. Don't use the blender,just fold it in with a spatula.

5.Once everything is well incorporated you can equally divide the mixture into the three pie crusts.


6.Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.


You can slice the pie and serve each slice with some cool whip for some extra flavor. Happy Cooking!

4 comments:

  1. I couldnt resist myself from gulping a slice though I was so full..was yummy..Jaijeen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks...Yesterday everyone was stuffed to even try it...Thanks for trying it and liking it...

      Delete
  2. saw this today only... yeah me too couldnt resist even though i was full.. i took my slice on 4th eve itself... one of my fav desserts i never get tired of... thankx for bringing it.

    ReplyDelete